Hyper Acidity – Ayurvedic Remedies/Home Remedies!!
As the world is moving so fast, people have changes their diet and life style habits, they don’t even have time to eat. Eventually they have adopted bad, irregular and poor eating habits and provoked a number of health issues like hyper acidity!
Well, there is always something from Ayurveda for good health and well-being. In this article we are going to explain some of effective ayurvedic remedies and home remedies for hyper acidity.
Let us know first causes and symptoms of hyper acidity!
Causes of Hyper Acidity may include –
In stomach gastric juices are produced and excessive production leads to high acidic content which causes acidity. The possible factors that can disturb the stomach’s acid content are –
- More consumption of spicy, sour and non-veg food items
- Alcohol and smoking
- Use of some anti-inflammatory and antibiotics.
- GIT problems like Ulcerative Colitis, stomach tumor
- Mental stress
Symptoms of Hyper Acidity may include –
- Burning sensation in chest
- Sour taste of mouth
- Nauseas or vomiting
- Restless ness
Home Remedies for Hyper Acidity
- Take 100 gm. powder of each – Fennel, Indian Goose Berry and Licorice (Saunf, Amla and Muhlethi), mix them and store in a container.
Take 1 tsp. with plain water after half an hour of meal daily twice. It is superb home remedy for hyper acidity and works wonder. You can see the immediate results.
- Roast equal quantity of Cumin and Coriander seeds (Jeera and Dhaniya), make powder and store in a container.
Take 1 tsp of it with plain water after half an hour of meal daily twice. This is again very good home remedy for hyper acidity.
- Soak 50 gm. Resins and 25 gm. Fennel seeds (Munakka and Saunf) in 200 gm. of water. Mash them in the morning and filter the solution. Add 10 gm. sugar (Mishri) and drink.
Practice this home remedy daily for best results.
- Roast flowers or leaves of bitter melon fruit in a pan. Make powder and store.
Take 1-2 gm. of it daily 2 to 3 times with plain water after meal.
- You can also make decoction of sandalwood to drink 2 to 3 times daily.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Hyper Acidity
Ayurveda has wonderful collection of ayurvedic remedies for hyper acidity such as –
Kaamdudha Ras, Leelavilas Ras, Sutshekhar Ras, Prawal Panchmarit Ras, Dhatri Lauh, Mukta Psiti, Prawal Psiti, Kumari Asav, Sariwadyasav, Avipattikar Churna, Panchnimbadi Churna, Shatavari Ghrit, Drakshadi Ghrit, Sukumar Ghrit etc.
One can opt for some of them for few days or as advised by an ayurveda expert. Ayurvedic treatment is always safe and free from side effects. These can be taken with ongoing allopathic medicines as well.
Dietary recommendations are highly advised for better results. Here are few mentioned.
Guidelines for Hyper Acidity –
- Ayurveda says that hyper acidity is due to aggravation of pitta (fire) dosha so better avoid foods which leads pitta vitiation (excessive heat) in body. Avoid taking pungent, sour food items. Say a big no to all kind of junk, fried and packed foods. Limit alcohol consumption. Avoid taking extra salt on salad or with fruits. Also use less in dishes. No curd, butter milk (lassi), tamarind etc.
- Try to opt for one glass of milk daily. Milk protein helps to deal with acid reflux. Do not drink much as it may hinder metabolism. One glass per day is sufficient.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. If possible have lukewarm water as cold water again can increase the acid secretion in stomach.
- Take small meals throughout the day. 5 to 6 small meals are advised. Do not overeat.
- Avoid or limit intake of tea or coffee which cause production of acid in stomach and leads to burning sensation.
- It is advised only moderate mastication in this particular diseases. Excessive mastication naturally increases the flow of gastric juice with its acid.
Pick some of right Ayurvedic Remedies along with Home Remedies and there is no more hyper acidity!!
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert!
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment!
It is intended only for Information!
6,525 total views, 4 views today