Hair Care with Ayurveda!!
Beauty of your hair largely depends upon your health! Ayurveda has a lot to give for healthy hair and related issues like premature greying of hair, hair fall, baldness, dandruff etc. You can find various herbal supplements like hair shampoo, hair oil, and hair conditioners in market. Herbs are enough good and effectively associated with hair care.
Hair problems are quite common these days among people. Ayurveda believes to have all the three physical energies of body in control (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) which decide out health and illness. These energies are related to every part of our body. Go for Ayurvedic treatment for hair growth and stay healthy.
Here are some healthy tips for you –
Your brush should be of good quality. Your combs and brushes both should be clean. Make habit of washing them once in a week at least. Always remember combs should be with blunt teeth. Prefer whalebone-bristle variety brush which does not harm your scalp and hair, also brush up in proper way.
Brush your hair once or twice daily for at least 5 min, preferably in open air so that hair get natural air which is really needed for them to stay healthy. As said earlier, make use of blunt teeth comb.
Massaging your hair is the best method for keeping hair healthy and preventing hair loss. Best method is to make use of hands. Place the thumbs at the back of your ears and scalp rotated under the fingertips. Apply deep pressure with palms against the scalp and make sure your scalp is also moved. Massage helps to improve blood circulation and increases the blood supply at hair roots also strengthens the hair.
Make habit of applying oil on head before you wash. At least twice in a week head oil massage is must. You can apply at night and can wash next day morning, if not possible can apply before 2 hrs. of head bath. Oil application helps you to deal with dry hair, hair fall, premature greying and other related hair and scalp issues. Hair oils also improves local blood circulation and strengthens the hair roots.
There are number of herbal oils available at herbal stores. Bhringraj tail is wonderful classical formulation you must have heard. Eclipta alba (Bhringraj) is known as king of the hair that promotes hair growth and prevent from hair loss. It is known best Ayurveda herb for hair growth.
You can also make use of castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil for hair massage.
You can make oil warm before applying so that it can penetrate more deeply and show its effects.
Shampooing and Conditioning
Make use of good herbal shampoo if possible as you must be aware of harmful effects of chemical based shampoos. You get them easily in market. Always look for the best and authentic one. Use conditioner according to your need.
- Opt for a natural diet.
- Have fiber rich food so that your bowels are cleaned with time. Constipation is the root cause for almost all the health issues as per Ayurveda so try to opt for leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, radish, papaya. Apples, pears etc.
- Drink ample of water daily to flush out impurities.
- Take care of your digestive system. Sluggish liver also has its bad effects on hair health so avoid all kind of junk and packed food stuffs.
- Stay stress free. Mental tension and fatigue has its adverse effects on hair so stay relaxed.
- Do not ignore sinusitis or other respiratory health ailments which again can hinder health of your hair.
- Use Ayurveda herbs like Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandookparni (Centella asiatica), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) which are proved scientifically to boost and promote hair and scalp health.
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert!
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment!
It is intended only for Information!
4,120 total views, 3 views today