Ayurvedic Treatment for IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease!!
IBD- Irritable Bowel Disease involves chronic inflammation of all the parts of GIT (Gastro Intestinal Tract). Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Diseases are two major diseases under IBD. Symptoms in both the diseases are almost same like loose motions, increased frequency of stools, severe diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal cramps and weight loss. Sometimes IBD can be life threatening. Modern science has steroids and painkillers for this which result in many other complications and cure is not permanent. Ayurvedic Remedies for IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease are advised by Ayurveda experts and great results can be seen without any side effect.
ULCERATIVE COLITIS is an inflammatory bowel disease where ulcers or sores are present on colon (large) and rectum.
CROHN’S DISEASE is another inflammatory bowel disease which can involve the inflammation of both small and large intestines. Here entire digestive tract can be affected and deeper tissues are involved.
Colitis is another inflammatory bowel disease but it’s not classified under IBD.
This is correlated to ksatodara in Ayurveda.
Causes for IBD
There are no exact causes known for this disease to happen but some are there which contribute to have with this painful health disease.
Immune system malfunction, when one’s defense mechanism tries to fight off an invading virus or bacteria an abnormal immune response causes the immune system to attack the cells in GIT too. This may cause sore or ulcers and inflammation of colon and other digestive tract.
Heredity also plays very important role in developing inflammatory bowel disease. It is more common with people who have history of same disease in the family.
Diet and life style habits also contribute a lot to have with IBD and again if care is not taken, condition can be more serious and life threatening. People who eat more animal fat, excess sugar can develop with inflammatory bowel disease.
Symptoms of IBD
Symptoms and severity of disease varies according to season, in winters these may aggregate and can be subside or lessen in autumn and summer. These also depend upon severity of disease. Most common symptoms are –
- Fatigue and weakness
- Abdominal pain, cramps and discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Blood in the stools
There could also be joint pain, swelling around eyes, ulcerated skin etc.
Ayurvedic Treatment for IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease
You can see many Classical Formulations and Ayurvedic Remedies mentioned in Ayurvedic texts for inflammatory bowel disease. Results are amazing and one can control his or her condition of inflammatory bowel disease up to a huge extent.
- Few Ayurvedic Remedies for IBD are Kutajaghana vati, Kutajarishta, Usheerasav. You can find some other too at herbal stores like Bael Capsules, Sooktyn, Giloy Vati, and many other Pishti’s formulations which are natural calcium compounds and are cooling in nature. Search for authentic ayurvedic remedies and use accordingly.
- Take 1 tsp Bael fruit powder and mix it with equal quantity of Jaggery (Gud). Have it daily twice or thrice.
- Take powders of Nagkesar, Chandan and Honey in equal quantity and add enough butter. Take 10 to 15 gm. Of this daily twice or thrice.
- Licorice or Yastimadhu is another effective herb in this case. Take powder 1tsp with plain water after meal twice to thrice daily for better results.
- Take Lauh and Yasad Bhasma on your doctor’s advice. In IBD especially in crohn’s disease there is mal absorption and loss of nutrient so zinc, iron etc. are really needed.
- Use dry – Pomegranate outer covering (rind) to make decoction. Drink 2o to 30 ml twice daily.
- Have 50 ml Pomegranate juice daily once or twice. It helps to recover with fatigue and of course blood loss.
- Drink Butter milk with roasted Cumin (Jeera) seeds daily.
- Eat fresh home made Curd daily with meal. It should not be sour.
- Boiled Apples, Bananas are good to opt from fruit section.
- Chewing petals of Rose and Marigold flower is equally effective to combat symptoms like acidity, burning sensation etc.
Avoid things which are allergic and trigger symptoms more. Go with Ayurvedic Treatment, for sure you can control IBD successfully!!
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment.
It is intended only for Information!
6,980 total views, 7 views today