Drinks to Sip on for a Longer Life
- Water is the most important ingredient present in our body. It plays an important role in keeping us fit. It aids in digestion, transports nutrients and oxygen to the cells, flushes out bacteria from the bladder, maintains electrolyte balance, protects organs etc.
- According to Ayurveda, water balances Pitta dosha, counteracts the dryness of Vata dosha and supports kapha dosha.
- In order to cleanse the body channels and enhance moisture absorption, ayurvedic texts have described various methods of water intake.
2. Green Tea
- Tea prepared from Camellia sinesis plant species Green tea is rich in polyphenols, theanine and catechins which act as powerful anti-oxidant agents and reduce the risk of all malignancy.
- The tea leaves have less caffeine than coffee.
- Green tea also reduces gut inflammation and has the ability to lower the cholesterol in the body.
- Other benefits of green tea include the reduction of blood coagulation, oxidative damage repair, cancer prevention etc.
3. Cranberry Juice
- Cranberries are unique among fruits. The main components of cranberry are water (88%), fructose, Vitamin C, flavonoids, organic acids, anthocyanidins, catechins, triterpinoids etc.
- Cranberry juice has been the traditional choice of most people seeking to prevent Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
- Cranberry juice also helps in weight loss, nourishes skin, boosts immunity, keeping heart healthy, combats tooth decay, prevents cancer, boosts brain power etc.
4. Bitter Gourd (Momordica Charantia) Juice
- 20-25 ml juice of bitter gourd is given to reduce sugar level in the blood.
- The fresh juice is also administered to treat intestinal worms, liver disorders and anorexia.
- It is also beneficial in treating the condition of amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) and purification of breast milk in females.
- Its juice is consumed for detoxification of blood as it acts as blood purifier.
5. Tomato Juice
- Fresh tomato juice is rich in anti-oxidants. The tomato’s red colour is due to the presence of pigments like lycopene and carotene.
- The presence of these pigments has been linked to reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- These anti-oxidants and pigments defend the body from free radicals that are responsible for damaging the cells.
- Tomato juice also detoxifies the system, lowers cholesterol, boosts eye health and provides healthy skin.
6. Green Juice
- Green juice is power packed with nutrition. Greens produce chlorophyll. Green juice drenches the body in plant nutrients. It has excellent healing and detoxifying properties.
- Consuming green juice regularly improves digestion, reduces inflammation, strengthens immune system, provides healthy glow to the skin etc.
7. Pomegranate Juice
- Pomegranate juice is an excellent source of vitamins especially A, C, E and folic acid. It is known to possess anti-oxidant, anti-tumor and anti-viral properties.
- It protects us from free radicals, prevents atherosclerosis, arthritis, helps in digestion, lowers blood pressure, boosts immunity, prevents plaque formation, strengthens bones etc.
- When taken on regular basis, it is useful in digestive disorders like diarrhoea and ulcerative colitis.
- It is also useful in the management of inflammatory conditions.
8. Blueberry Juice
- Blueberries are a rich source of phytochemicals, including anthocyanin pigments.
- Due to this, blueberries have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory actions. These have vascular and glucoregulatory functions.
- Blueberry juice is beneficial in degenerative diseases as well.
- Consuming blueberry juice reduces the risk of diseases that constitute major socioeconomic burdens including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus and neurological disorders.
9. Red Wine
- One of the most notable classes of wine compounds is polyphenols. The composition of polyphenols depends on the grape variety. Red grapes have more polyphenol content than white ones.
- The most important polyphenols in red wine are anthocyanins, catechins, resveratrol and tannins.
- The function of these polyphenols is to improve the endothelial function and glucose metabolism, regulating blood lipids and reducing inflammation.
- It also protects the brain and nerve cells, reduces the platelet aggregation and counteracts the formation of thrombi or blood clots.
10. Yogurt Based Smoothies
- Yogurt is a rich source of calcium, Vitamin B2, B6, magnesium and potassium.
- Taking yogurt in the form of smoothies is beneficial for bone health and reduces the risk of osteoporosis in older age.
The juice should be taken immediately after preparation. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be used for juice preparation. Canned, packed and refrigerated juices should be avoided.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1,226 total views, 1 views today