Life is hard and dealing with the challenges of life can make you feel stressed. But it doesn’t mean that you cannot find the silver lining. Moreover, happiness is no longer elusive.
There are few tips that will help you to feel happier and content even if life is riddled with many obstacles. These are:
- Focus on the positive side: You have a habit of listening this piece of advice from your friends or relatives but it takes time to inculcate a habit.
- Try to spend 1-2 minutes looking for positive things in your life. Do this at least 3 times a day and continue doing it regularly for 45 days.
- Unplug from time to time: There are various studies that show that our constant attention to our electronic devices like laptop or mobile phones is the primary cause of unhappiness in today’s world.
- Sometimes, it takes a little unplugging to calm the mind and feel happy.
- So, turn off your electronic devices and disconnect for a while and you’ll automatically feel happy.
- Turn off all the electronics for at least one hour once a week and let your mind wander free. You can Meditate, read a good book, take a walk or pay attention to your surroundings or be alone.
- Spend time in nature: We usually spend time indoors typing furiously on our laptops with coffee.
- If this is the situation with you, you need to take some time off and soak in the beauty of nature around you as there is an old saying: “Nature heals everything.”
- It has been found in the research that spending 30 minutes or more in green spaces can help in lowering the blood pressure and symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Any outdoor activity in the green surroundings can give more benefits.
- Listening to good music: Listening music makes you feel amazing because when we listen music, our brain releases neurochemical known as dopamine. Dopamine is associated with pleasure.
- There are various studies that show that those who regularly engage in music and dance are much happier than others.
- Acceptance is the key: Perfection is something that can’t be achieved but most of us chase perfection.
- You can try your best and do everything to achieve your desires but it is also a fact that life is imperfect.
- So, embrace the beauty of life and do not feel let down so easily.
- Don’t overspend: It seems tempting to spend a lot of money to get all that you want but the way you spend your money is what makes you happier.
- If you spend money wisely, you’ll feel more content.
- So, it’s better to focus more on experiences instead of going for material possessions.
- Exercise: Exercise such as Yoga or Pranayam isn’t just for the body but regular yoga and pranayama can help to reduce stress, feelings of anxiety and symptoms of depression.
- Regular exercise is important but don’t over exert yourself.
- Light walking after dinner, some stretching exercises are also very useful.
- Get plenty of Sleep: Adequate sleep is vital for good health, functioning of brain and emotional well-being as well.
- Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day including weekends is an excellent way to maintain good sleep.
- Reserve the hour before bed as your quiet time. Take a hot shower bath or do something relaxing.
- Be Grateful: Simply being grateful can give your mood a big boost. Practicing gratitude can have a significant impact on feelings of happiness.
- You can start your day by acknowledging one thing that you’re grateful for.
- As you go about your day, try to focus on the pleasant things in your life.
- Meet Good Friends: Humans are social beings and having close friends make us happier.
- Companionship doesn’t have to be limited to humans only but pets can be good friends and source of joy as well.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at email@example.com.
969 total views, 2 views today