India is known for the maximum production of jaggery. It is most commonly prepared from sugarcane. Jaggery is a traditional form of raw sugar which is derived from sugarcane juice. Jaggery is manufactured by heating the sugarcane juice to make thick jaggery crystals. It is a healthy alternative to white sugar and free of sulphur. It is considered as a healthy option as compared to refined sugar. Jaggery is loaded with iron, Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, proteins etc. In winters, every person must include jaggery in his or her diet.
7 jaggery combinations that are useful in winters are:
1. With Fennel Seeds (Foeniculum vulgare): Fennel seeds are packed with nutrients. The health benefits of fennel seeds are due to the presence of anti-oxidants they contain. Fennel contains polyphenol anti-oxidants, chlorogenic acid, quercetin, apigenin etc. They are known to help in digestion and fight unhealthy effects of pollution.
- For maximum health benefits in winter season, include jaggery with fennel seeds in winter instead of taking it with mishri. This combination is highly useful in removing bad breath in mouth and formation of plaque.
2. With til (sesame seeds): Sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
- In winters, sesame seeds are a powerhouse of energy and they are also helpful in reducing the risk of cold, cough and flu. These conditions are the common health concern in winter season.
- Sesame seeds are loaded with nutrition that makes it a healthy combination with jaggery in winter season.
- The rich omega fatty acids present is sesame seeds help to promote the hair growth and also prevent the damage. Taking sesame seeds with jaggery helps in improving blood circulation which rejuvenate the hair follicles.
3. With Peanuts: In India, jaggery along with peanuts is enjoyed in winter season. As peanuts are a rich source of copper, niacin, Vitamin E, thiamine, magnesium and phosphorus, it is useful in regulating and strengthening the appetite.
- Peanuts are a rich source of nutrients such as folic acid, proteins etc.
- For anaemic persons, consuming jaggery with peanuts is a good option.
4. With Turmeric: Turmeric is not just only a spice but has medicinal properties as well. It has immense healing properties that not only prevent infections but also help to deal with them. Taking jaggery with turmeric is useful in fighting flu.
- For boosting immunity, mix a pinch of turmeric and some jaggery in milk and enjoy this warm beverage in night.
- This is a useful combination for preventing bacterial and viral infections during winter season.
5. With dry ginger or Saunth: The combination of saunth and dry ginger helps in recovering inflammation that is caused due to fever.
- The combination of dry ginger with jaggery is a real treat to the taste buds. Moreover, this combination activates the digestive enzymes and also helps in cleansing the intestinal tract.
- It is also a useful remedy for stomach ache as well.
- In winter season, take two portions daily before going to bed.
6. With coriander seeds: In Ayurveda, coriander is mainly indicated for stomach related ailments. It is known to ease digestion. Coriander is quite effective for the treatment for various skin related ailments like itchy skin, rashes, inflammation etc. Coriander seeds are a powerful source of manganese, choline, beta-carotene, potassium etc.
- Taking coriander seeds with a small amount of jaggery helps in reducing bleeding during menstruation, reducing pain during menstruation and also useful in spotting.
7. With Cow’s Ghee: In Ayurveda, cow’s ghee is given prime importance because of the immense potential benefits. Jaggery further enhances the property of ghee.
- Taking jaggery with cow’s ghee is a classic combination which is extremely healthy and healing too.
- This combination is also useful in removing toxins from the body.
- Besides this, this combination is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamins, minerals etc.
- Taking a teaspoonful of jaggery and ghee is useful in mental and physical weakness.
Include these dishes in winter season to take maximum benefits and enjoy the season. These really work wonders for ones health!!
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at email@example.com.
1,621 total views, 4 views today