Home remedies for Diabetes!!
Diabetes is called as Madhumeh in Ayurveda. As per Ayurveda, Vata, Pitta and Kapha are three body’s physical energies which are responsible for health and diseased condition of body. Ayurveda has mentioned diabetes under yapya group means it can be only managed and there is no permanent cure for this. If it is managed properly with balanced diet, life style and some natural home remedies, one can lead a normal life without worries. In initial stages of diabetes, there is imbalance or vitiation of Kapha dosha that travels through body channels and blocks urinary system. This again causes Vata to go out of balance. All this results in urinary tract infections which again vitiates remaining Pitta dosha. Therefore in diabetes all the three doshas are involved. This is a condition where dhatus are also affected. Therefore it is very important to keep blood sugar in control otherwise lot of complications take place which are really difficult to manage.
According to modern science, diabetes is a long term complex and metabolic disorder where there is more blood sugar in body. This happens either due to inadequate production of insulin from pancreas or inability of body cells to respond for insulin. Increased blood sugar leads to various major complications related to heart, kidneys, eyes and central nervous system.
Therefore it is very important to have a better control over blood glucose. Here I am going to explain some of effective and result giving home remedies which can be carried out easily at home on daily basis. Here these go –
Fenugreek is methika which is used commonly by Indian people in kitchen. Fenugreek seeds are effective to lower down blood glucose level.
- Soak 1tbsp. in a glass of water over night. Strain and drink water next morning empty stomach. Also chew the seeds for better results.
- Roast fenugreek seeds and grind them. Store in a jar or bottle. Take 1 tsp with plain water after breakfast and dinner.
Its Karela. I think every diabetic person is familiar with this fruit/vegetable. Its bitter taste makes it as a wonderful home remedy for diabetes.
- Drink 3o to 40 ml juice of bitter melon every morning empty stomach.
- Use it to make mix vegetable. One can use onions and tomatoes to overcome the bitter taste.
Garlic is pungent due to presence of allicin (active compound) and it is capable of lowering blood glucose level in blood.
- Eat raw 3 to 4 pods everyday
- Or one can make paste with lukewarm water and can be taken as it is or with glass of plain water.
Holy basil or Tulsi is common house hold auspicious plant in India.
This has got many medicinal benefits. Leaves have got hypoglycemic effects.
- One can make Tulsi tea to drink every day.
- Or can be taken Tulsi leaves juice 2 tsp. every day once or twice.
This is commonly known as Giloy in north India. Latin name is Tinospora cordifolia. This deciduous shrub is found everywhere in India. Its stem and leaves are proved to lower blood glucose level.
- Make juice out of leaves and drink 30 to 40 ml daily in the morning empty stomach.
- Stem pieces can be soaked in glass of water over night to drink next day morning empty stomach.
Curry leaves is available very commonly and used in almost all dishes by south Indian people. These leaves have got many medicinal properties and work fabulous in lowering blood sugar level. It is considered as a variety of Neem.
- Chew 8 to 10 leaves every morning empty stomach on regular basis.
- Also use them in dishes.
Opt for 3 to 4 home remedies on regular basis along with some ayurvedic medicines so that one can have better control over blood sugar level.
Eat healthy and balanced diet with active life style!
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment.
It is intended only for Information!
3,591 total views, 3 views today