The usage of metals and minerals was well-known to mankind since thousands of years ago. Gold has been given the status of one of the most precious metals.
The administration of gold particles to children is considered to be a unique practice in Ayurveda which is termed as Swarna Prashana. The term ‘Swarna’ refers to gold and ‘Prashana’ refers to ingesting or consuming. Therefore, Swarna Prashana refers to act of ingesting or consuming gold in prescribed dosage.
In Ayurveda, gold is one of the seven metals which is mainly used for preventive and curative purposes. In past several years, various experiments have proved that the gold nanoparticles are better biocompatible metal nanoparticles in therapeutics.
The gold nanoparticles also possess antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. The synthesis of Swarna Prashana is done by using biological conjugates such as honey, cow ghee and herbs. It helps in increasing the immunity of the infant.
In Swarna Prashana, gold particles are encapsulated by cow ghee, honey and herbs. It helps the gold particles to form into various sizes, charges and composition. It induces the non-specific immunity by activating both cellular and humoral immunity.
Gold has already proved its immune-modulatory effects because of its antibacterial action against different kinds of organisms and when it is mixed with honey or cow’s ghee, it widens its spectrum of action to stimulate the immune cells of the body.
What are the properties of Swarna Bindu Prashan?
As per Kashyap Samhita, Swarna Bindu Prashan has the following properties:
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, strength, metabolism and immunity).
- Vrushayam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of colour and complexion)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Grahapaham (protection from micro-organisms)
What are the benefits of Swarna Bindu Prashan for children?
Swarna Bindu Prashan can be given from birth up to 16 years of age. The specific benefits of Swarna Bindu Prashan according to duration of administration have been mentioned. These are:
- If it is administered for only 1 month, the baby will become Param Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease).
- If it is administered for 6 months regularly, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things by just hearing them).
- It improves nutrition, metabolism, growth and development, physical strength and immunity in children.
- For children who have weak immune system, it acts as an immuno-modulator. It can be even administered in case of immunodeficiency provided that there is no serious illness associated with. It has a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful in fighting infections.
What are the benefits of Swarna Bindu Prashan for adolescents?
When it is given to adolescents, it acts as a fertility enhancer.
Mode of Action of Swarna Bindu Prashan:
Swarna Bindu Prashan has unctuous and moisturizing effect on the body. It acts as Rasayana and due to its detoxification property, it can treat vishamjwara, antra jwara (enteric fever), weakness etc.
Scientifically, it has also been proved that Swarna bhasma possesses antioxidant, anti-cancerous, antibacterial properties and it also acts as a nerve stimulant.
Method of Administration:
Even though Lehana is contraindicated on a daily basis, Swarna Bindu Prashan alone can be continued for a period of 1-6 months to attain its specific benefits in children.
- Swarna Bindu Prashan is given with honey or cow’s ghee in a dose of 2 drops up to 6 months and 4 drops after 6 months of age.
- It can be given daily for a minimum of 30 days and maximum of 180 days.
- Alternatively, it can be given every pushya nakshatra (every 28 days) for a minimum of 30 doses.
- Swarna Bindu Prashan can be administered to all children from day 1 up to 5 years. It is more beneficial in children with low immunity, dyslexia and low memory power.
- It is contraindicated among children suffering from fever, dysentery, indigestion etc.
- Master Sushrut has suggested administration of Swarna Bindu Prashan along with herbs such as Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Vacha (Acorus calamus) etc. for a period of 1 year.
Thus, the benefits of Swarna Bindu Prashan in children are multi-dimensional and it can be named as a positive health care program for children.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at email@example.com.
2,499 total views, 2 views today