Now a days, skin problems are prominent in one or either form due to increasing pollution, imbalanced diet, modern lifestyle, stress, hormonal imbalance etc. Therefore, it is the requirement of the present situation to such for an herbal formulation, which can act as a complete pack to fulfil the requirements of the skin, irrespective of the type of skin and age.
One of the effective herbal oil which is quite effective in dealing with all skin problems is Kumkumadi Oil. It offers a holistic solution.
The major ingredient of kumkumadi oil is saffron (Nelumbo nucifera), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) and Chandan (Pterocarpus santualinus).
Kumkumadi Oil has the following medicinal and healing properties:
- Natural sunscreen
- Mild antipruritic
Kumkumadi Oil Benefits and Uses:
It is used to prevent skin diseases especially related with unusual pigmentation. It is found more effective for wrinkles and blemishes.
- For Hyperpigmentation: Kumkumadi Oil makes the skin glowing and reduces pigmentation.
- This effect is due to its influence on the epidermal inflammatory response, which induces the oxidation of arachidonic acid and thus release leukotrienes, prostaglandins etc.
- Due to the release of these chemicals, there is alteration on the activity of certain cells such as melanocytes and immune cells.
- Thus, this oil has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-hyperpigmentation effect, which breaks down the chain of these chemical processes by reducing inflammation.
- It also reduces the secretion of pigment melanin.
- For Acne Prevention: Due to anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, it helps in the prevention as well as treatment of acne.
- It has mild cleansing effect.
- The regular massage with kumkumadi oil helps in removing dead skin cells and prevents infections in the sebaceous glands of the skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory action on the skin, which reduces redness associated with acne.
- For Scar Treatment: Regular application of kumkumadi oil on the skin lightens the scar marks and improves complexion.
- It has been used in Ayurveda for treating acne scars since ages.
- The oil penetrates into the skin and reduces inflammation in the pores of the skin.
- It can also be used for the prevention of acne scars.
- Use Kumkumadi Oil as a natural sunscreen: Saffron pollen is one of the main ingredients of kumkumadi oil.
- Saffron acts as a natural sunscreen.
- The moisturizer effect of kumkumadi oil increases with the base oil.
- According to one of the researches, it has been found that saffron pollens lotion has better anti-solar effects than commercially available sunscreen lotions. Kumkumadi oil absorbs UV rays and protects the skin.
- For treating Blemishes: There are many causes of skin blemishes such as hormonal imbalance, bad dietary habits, aging, sun exposure etc. In Ayurveda, it is stated that blemishes occur due to the excess Vata and Pitta dosha.
- Regular use of kumkumadi oil prevents skin discolouration.
- The local application of this oil is helpful in fading the blemishes and restoring the natural colour of skin.
- For Instant Glowing Effect: When kumkumadi oil is mixed with almond oil in equal proportion, this combination gives instant skin glow.
- This combination is also quite effective in cases of blemishes, skin discolouration, scar marks and hyperpigmentation.
- Its regular application makes skin radiant.
- Nasya with Kumkumadi Oil: Nasal administration is known as Nasya.
- Nasya with Kumkumadi oil is mentioned in Ayurvedic text Astang Hridyam.
- People with hyperpigmentation, black spots, wrinkles, blemishes can use this oil for nasya in addition to its application.
- Nasya also reduces premature greying of hair and dark circles under the eyes.
- 2-4 drops of kumkumadi oil should be instilled in each nostril.
Directions to use Kumkumadi Oil:
- Before use, wash and hands and face or the skin.
- Take a few drops of Kumkumadi oil in the hands and apply oil on the face or on the affected parts.
- Do a gentle massage with fingers for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Leave it for at least 3 hours. People who have oily skin should leave it for at least 1 hour and people who have dry face should not wash their for at least 3 hours.
- It can also be used before going to bed and leave it overnight for more beneficial effects.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2,526 total views, 2 views today