Importance of chanting mantras in Ayurvedic science!!
Religious chanting is quite common in India. It is one of the oldest documented religious practices that is preserved to date. Man has been constantly associated with Mantras from the Vedic period. Most of the Sanskrit mantras in Ayurveda come from the ancient books of knowledge- Vedas. They are equally effective in both diseased and healthy conditions. Ayurveda recognizes the importance of Mantras in medicine. It is not a superstition but various researches support the evidence of mantras on human physical and mental health.
In Ayurveda, it is considered that each of five elements relates directly to one of the five senses. When used correctly, the sounds of Mantras can affect our state of mind as well as overall emotional health. Sounds can have a balancing effect on the three doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The mantra is a positive sound that reminds a person of the Highest self. They are typically used in Meditation as a power to harness the mind. They are specific sounds or vibrations, when chanted aloud or repeated silently, they can create a desired effect for healing, transformation or inner awakening.
Importance of Chanting Mantras in Ayurvedic Science:
• In Ayurveda, the sound healing is used to repeat a mantra that heals a particular organ.
• By repeating the particular mantra, this mantra sends healing energy to that particular point in the body.
• When the mantras are repeated again and again, the bodily organs are rejuvenated.
• They are also used as a form of protection.
• Traditionally, a mantra is repeated 27, 54 or 108 times.
What are the various types of Mantras?
Om is a sound of universe. It is a sound of creation and spiritual focus. Om is one of the most powerful mantras that causes vibrations in the body which affects the nervous system.
• Chanting Om mantra reduces stress and relaxes the body. This in turn results in bringing down the blood pressure and heart beats with the regular rhythm.
• It also has the potential for vagus nerve stimulation through its auricular branches and the effects on the brain thereof.
• Om mantra is also used for vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) and is used as a treatment in depression and epilepsy.
• Effective Om Chanting is associated with the creation of vibrations around the ears.
• By chanting Om mantra, the hormones and neurotransmitters throughout the body communicate with each other through the vibrational powers.
Gayatri Mantra is one of the oldest and powerful Mantras. This mantra was first recorded in Rigveda (one of the oldest Vedas). It is associated with Goddess Gayatri.
• With regular chanting of Gayatri Mantra, one can firmly stabilize the mind. It also makes the brain sharper and also clears the confusions of the mind.
• It removes toxins from the body.
• This mantra has a powerful effect on heart as it keeps the negativity away.
• Chanting Gayatri Mantra increases blood circulation. The oxygenated blood is carried to the skin.
• It removes all fears and diseases.
• It also stimulates the positive energies and enhances blood circulation in the body.
Mahamrityunjay Mantra is one of the most powerful mantras that is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
• It promotes longevity of human life.
• With this mantra, one can conquer all evils of mind like jealousy, hatred etc.
• With regular chanting, one can battle illness, calamities and unexplained situations.
• It is also useful in bringing physical, mental and emotional state in place.
• Chanting this mantra before bed can help people who have undisturbed sleep.
Like this, there are a number of different mantras useful for people health. The energy is present within all human beings, either in dormant or imbalance state. When the energy is present in the dormant state, a person may feel some disruption in that area and when in balance, a person experiences harmony and fulfilment.
The goal of the mantras is to activate the dormant energy and keep it in a balanced state.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at email@example.com.
2,528 total views, 2 views today