Amazing Health benefits of Nuts and Seeds!!
Seeds and nuts contain all the important nutrients needed for the human health and growth. These are most important and potent part of foods. Whatever you eat is responsible for promotion of health and diseases as well so diet plays a very important role in the maintenance of the body health.
Nuts are also called seeds from which trees grow. Seeds are considered as the symbol of resurrection. Seeds are dry dead, hard and tough which appear quite lifeless but when given with soil and moisture, these get sprouted and produce many more nuts and seeds.
There are number of nuts but most known and popular are almonds, coconut, cashewnut, walnut etc.
Seeds contain all the important nutrients needed for human growth. They are wonderful sources of protein and essential unsaturated fatty acids. They are also packed with B complex vitamins and Vitamin E. These vitamins are really needed for healthy skin and also prevents from premature aging.
On the other hand they are also rich in carbohydrate, fats and proteins.
They are also packed in minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus. Sodium is needed for youth preservation, potassium is a great healer whereas calcium and phosphorus are needed for normal growth of bones and teeth.
They provide nearly 10 to 20 percent of protein and carbohydrate, fat almost 40 to 60 percent per 100 gm.
Health Benefits and Curative Properties –
- Nuts should be used in their natural way raw state. Raw nuts though are highest in fat but the fat is pure natural and unprocessed which you can say is good for health. This is especially rich in linoleic acid which does not cause damage to heart and other arteries so can be taken on regular basis. Herat patients are usually advised to consume plenty of almonds daily.
- Raw nuts like almonds are safe to consume as their hard shell gives an effective barrier against bacteria. They can be preserved for a longer time of period as there is no or very low water content. Almonds are packed with abundant health benefits.
- Nuts can be soaked and used. Some nuts like almonds, walnut are preferred being soaked overnight and having in the morning.
- Nut butter is easily digestible and can be taken by old people who cannot chew nuts due to some denture problems. Nut butter can be made easily at home. Remove the outer layer of nuts and grind them very well to make paste. This paste can be mixed in milk or can be taken over fruits or soups. Their vitamin B, proteins and minerals improves the appetite in gut effectively.
- Nuts often produce oil half their weight. The high energy value of the nuts is mainly due to their oil content. There is almost 600 calories per 100 gm. compared to the around 350 for wheat, 346 for lentils and 283 for dates of equal weight. Nut oils are used to make medicines and also used for cooking purpose.
- Sprouted seeds are outstanding for nourishment. They are wonderful and valuable sources for vitamins, minerals, proteins and complex carbohydrates. After germination, nutritional values of nuts and seeds gets increase. Though they should be eaten raw but which can be germinated should have accordingly to have more nutrition.
- The nut milk also can be used in various ways. It can be used by adding sugar and lime juice. Milk can be curdled like dairy milk by adding very little curd.
- Almonds, Walnuts, Coconut, Mustard Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and Sesame Seeds etc. are wonderful nuts and seeds packed with various nutrients.
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment.
It is intended only for Information!
1,967 total views, 10 views today