Zika Virus Natural Remedies!!
Another emerging virus these days is Zika Virus and guess everyone must be aware of it. Zika virus is a virus that is transmitted by mosquitos. Though research is going on for its cure but with Zika Virus natural remedies you can prevent yourself up to a huge extent.
Most of people who are infected with this virus do not have any signs and symptoms but generally these are noticed – Mild Fever, Joint or Muscles Pain, Cough, Skin Rash, Fatigue or Restlessness, Discomfort and Headache. It takes generally 2 days to 1 week to show the symptoms after being bitten by infected mosquito.
However symptoms of Zika Virus are mild but it can be a serious issue for carrying mothers. It may cause neurological disorders and birth defects in infants if pregnant woman is infected with this.
Natural Remedies for Zika Virus –
- Turmeric (haldi) is a great antioxidant herb with lot of medicinal properties. It is one of the best anti-inflammatory and natural analgesic herb commonly used in India to treat health problems at home.
- Drink 1 glass of milk with half tsp. pure turmeric powder daily at least once. Do this on regular basis. This will help you to enhance your immune system and provide stamina to fight with health problems.
- Holy basil or Tulsi is another amazing herb accepted by ayurvedic science. This is used abundantly in many ayurvedic formulations. This is packed with vitamin A, C and many other phytonutrients. It is proved excellent antioxidant herb that protect body from free radicals.
- Prepare an herbal tea with some Tulsi leaves along with 2, 3 small ginger pieces. You can add honey and sip hot.
- Another effective natural remedy for Zika Virus is here. Make a decoction by using few Tulsi leaves with 3 to 4 black pepper (kali mirch), 2 or 3 cloves (laung). Filter and add 1 tsp honey to have it. Take this once daily for couple of days. This helps to provide strong stamina against various deadly diseases.
- Fresh Ginger (Adrak) is another useful herb for Zika Virus. This is very useful spice in Indian and Chinese kitchen. Also proved that it has got antiviral activities. Ginger is powerful anti-inflammatory herb that provides relief from joint, muscles pain and can deal effectively with respiratory illness like nasal congestion, cough and blockage of channels. It treats headache, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, bronchitis, osteoarthritis etc.
- Have ginger tea with or without milk. Or you can make decoction by adding fresh ginger pieces or juice. Honey can be added to sweeten it.
Tips To Prevent Zika Virus Infection –
- Visit your doctor immediately if you experience some fever, nasal congestion, cough or fatigue with joint/muscles pain.
- Keep a good distance from people who are infected with nasal congestion or symptoms of flu.
- Do not share eating plates, food stuffs, drinks or spoons/folks.
- Do not entertain people with a kiss or handshake.
- Keep your rooms, kitchen and washrooms clean and disinfected.
- Keep the surrounding clean and let fresh air come inside.
- Clean your things at home time to time.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Stay away from all kind of junk food stuff.
- Opt for fruits and vegetables which are good antioxidants and are rich in vitamin A and C.
- Take rest and do not exhaust yourself much but you should be active.
- Avoid taking mental stress.
- Avoid taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin. If you need, consult your physician first.
So here are few of simple tips with Zika Virus Natural Remedies, try them at home, boost your immune system and keep such infections at bay!!
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert!
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment!
It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
33,067 total views, 1 views today