Kanchnaar Guggul is a classical Ayurvedic polyherbal formulation useful in the treatment of tumors, cysts, swelling, PCOS in females, ulcers etc. The reference of Kanchnaar Guggul is found in Bhaishajya Ratnavali, 44th Chapter.
Indications of Kanchnaar Guggul as mentioned in Ayurvedic texts:
- Granthi – tumor, fibroid
- Galaganda – cervical lymphadentis
- Gulma – abdominal tumor, distension
- Bhagandara – fistula in ano
- Arbuda – tumor
- Apachi – cysts, fibroids
- Vrana – ulcers, wounds
- Kushta – skin disorders
What are the medicinal properties of Kanchnaar Guggul?
Majority of the ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul have Tikta (bitter), Kashaya (astringent) and Madhura (sweet) rasa (tastes), ushna virya (hot potency), katu vipaka (undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion), ruksha (dry), ushna (hot) and tikshna (piercing) gunas (qualities) and tridoshhara (balancing all the three doshas) and shothhara (anti-inflammatory) properties.
- Due to tikta and Kashaya rasa, laghu and ruksha guna, kanchnaar guggul balances the aggravated Kapha dosha.
- Due to ushna virya, it balances Vata and Kapha doshas. Pitta dosha is balanced due to its Tikta, Kashaya and Madhur Rasa properties.
- Due to ushna virya and ruksha and laghu guna, it stimulates agni.
- Due to its ushna, tikshana, laghu guna and ushna virya, it removes srotorodha.
The vitiation of rakt dhatu is normalized by tikta, Kashaya and Madhur rasa properties of kanchnaar guggul.
Due to the presence of Guggulu, it has Vatahara property (balancing Vata dosha) and Shothahara (inflammation reducing) properties as well.
It has the following medicinal properties:
- Muscle relaxant
- Thyroid stimulant
Ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul are:
The main ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul are Kanchnaar bark and Guggulu. Kanchnaar bark is used for making decoction. Guggulu is mixed in kanchnaar decoction and the other ingredients are added thereafter.
- Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata)
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Amalaki (Embellica officinalis)
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvula)
- Tej Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Shuddha Guggul (Commiphora mukul)
What are the benefits of Kanchnaar Guggul?
- In Hypothyroidism: Kanchnaar Guggul helps in normalizing the function of the thyroid gland.
- The bark of Kanchnaar when combined with guggul helps in detoxification due to the cleansing properties of Guggulu.
- It is helpful in all the disorders of thyroid gland as it activates the thyroid gland to normalize the hormonal secretion.
- Kanchnaar guggul when combined with other Ayurvedic medicines works well in hypothyroidism.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): PCOS can be correlated to Aartav Kashaya in Ayurveda. In PCOS, there is a vitiation of Kapha and Vata doshas.
- Kanchnaar Guggul along with other Ayurvedic medicines works wonderfully in PCOS.
- Due to its ruksha guna (dry nature), it has kledahara property as well.
- Due to its katu rasa (pungent taste), it causes “Shonita Sanghatam Bhinatti” (clears the obstruction in raktvaha srotas).
- Weight Loss: Kanchnaar Guggul is frequently prescribed for reducing weight associated with hypothyroidism.
- All the ingredients in it act as fat burners by correcting the metabolism of the body.
- Mainly, this action of kanchnaar guggulu is due to the presence of shuddh guggul, triphala and varuna.
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: Kanchnaar Guggulu is considered as a drug of choice for enlarged lymph nodes by Ayurvedic physicians.
- Enlargement of lymph nodes usually occurs due to bacterial and viral infections.
- Due to anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties of Kanchnaar Guggul, it is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for lymph nodes.
- Kanchnaar Guggul decreases the vitiated Kapha and Rakta and hence it is effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of swollen lymph nodes.
- Non-Cancerous Tumors and Uterine Fibroids: Kanchnaar Guggul along with other Ayurvedic formulations is useful in non-cancerous tumors as well.
- It alone is not useful in dissolving large fibroids. It is helpful only in small fibroids when it is combined with other medicines such as Varanadi Kashaya and other Kshara preparations.
- Uterine fibroids are often associated with heavy menstrual bleeding. In that case, medicines to stop heavy bleeding are required along with Kanchnaar Guggulu.
Dosage: The dosage varies from 125 mg to 2 grams. It is available in tablet form. The best adjuvant is Triphala decoction or warm water.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1,821 total views, 4 views today