The semi-liquid form of butter without water content, lactose and other milk solids is considered as cow ghee. It is known as clarified butter and does not become rancid over time. Cow ghee is a symbol of purity as well as nourishing in nature.
In India, ghee is offered to Agni (Fire) during the religious rituals. The unctuous quality of ghee helps in detoxification. Ingestion of ghee is a core part of cleansing treatments in panchkarma procedures.
According to Ayurveda, cow ghee balances Pitta dosha. It is s
weet in taste and does not cause burning sensation. It mitigates Vata dosha. It is also considered as an anti-toxic substance. The unctuous quality of desi ghee increases the rasa (juices of the body) thus provides the ease of movement and transport of nutrients and wastes. It can facilitate the movement of toxins out of the body through the digestive tract.It lubricates the connective tissue and makes the body flexible.In Ayurveda, it is considered as yogvahi. Yogvahi is a catalytic agent that carries the medicinal properties of the herbs into the cells and tissues of the body.
Benefits of Cow ghee are:
1. Rich in Nutrients: Our body cannot synthesize essential fatty acids like linolenic acid and arachidonic acid but cow ghee contain is a rich source of these fatty acids. Consuming desi ghee is the easiest source through which we can get these essential fatty acids.Besides this, it is also a source of fat- soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K.
2. Anti-cancer: The anti-oxidants present in desi ghee scavenge the free radicals and reduce the oxidative stress. Due to the presence of fatty acids, it modulates the cell membranes and protect the body against the chemicals that lead to the growth of cancer.• Research has shown that cow ghee protects against certain chemicals and cancer cells as it contains both saturated as well as monounsaturated fatty acids that protect the body against cancer causing chemicals.
3. For clogged nose: Desi ghee is an excellent nasal drop for clogged nose. In nasya treatment of Ayurveda, pouring a few drops of warm pure ghee into the nostrils is quite effective.• Clogged nose followed by difficulty in breathing is relieved by the instillation of desi ghee in nose.• This is because desi ghee travels all the way down to the throat and soothes the infection.• The ghee should be lukewarm.
4. Good for Heart: It is a great myth that desi ghee increases the cholesterol levels but the fact is that desi ghee is a much safer option as compared to refined oils for heart health.• It lowers the levels of bad cholesterol and increases the amount of good cholesterol in the body.• It increases the activity of certain enzymes that scavenges the free radicals and reduces oxidation.
5. Energy booster: Pure cow ghee is the richest source of energy. It gets easily digested and absorbed into the body.• Thus, people with a diseased condition, malnourished or underweight people are advised to add ghee to their diet.• Athletes, sports-players and other people with high energy requirement must consume desi ghee.
6. Rich source of anti-oxidants: Ghee is packed with anti-oxidant properties. It is a fact that oxidative stress is associated with the onset of various diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, arthritis, cataracts, aging etc.• The anti-oxidants present in desi ghee scavenge the free radicals and reduce oxidative stress, which reduce the risk of onset of these disorders.
7. Good for Skin: It has anti-aging properties as it protects against dark spots and wrinkles.• The natural process of aging can be delayed by the consumption of desi ghee.• Massaging skin with lukewarm desi ghee helps in lightening the dark spots and removing wrinkles.• For dark circles, massage with desi ghee around the eyes.
Ways to incorporate desi ghee in the diet:• Ghee can be added to soups.• It can be applied over chappatis.• It can be added to vegetables, dal and rice.• The consumption of ghee should not exceed 7-10 grams per day.
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment! It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1,502 total views, 4 views today