Bottle Gourd Juice Health Benefits!!
The bottle gourd is a common vegetable and quite easily available in India. It is having a wonderful taste with variety of health benefits. The bottle gourd is yellowish-green in colour and usually in the shape of a bottle. It is cultivated in the humid weather of Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, China, tropical Africa and South America.
Botanical Name: Lagenaria siceraria
Indian Name: Lauki,Ghiya and Doodhi Bhopala
Bottle Gourd Juice Health Benefits:
The white pulp bottle shaped vegetable stores various health and beauty benefits for skin and hair. Whether taken in cooked form or by its extracted juice, it is healthier for you. The main herbal usage of Bottle Guard is for the treatment of digestive disorders. As we said, Gourd has multiple health benefits and few of them are listed here,
– Urinary disorders: Bottle gourd is an alkaline mixture and very valuable in urinary disorders. One glass of fresh juice made by grating the whole fruit should be mixed with teaspoonful of lime juice. This is amazing home remedy for UTI (urinary tract infections).
– Sleeping disorder: A wonderful mixture of sesame oil and bottle gourd juice acts as an effective natural remedy for people suffering from insomnia. It can be massaged over scalp every night.
– Healthy Heart: Bottle gourd juice contains sodium, potassium, essential minerals and trace elements which are quite helpful to people who have heart disease hereditarily or living improper diet routine. Consumption of gourd juice regulates their blood pressure and healthy heart gets effectively developed.
– Hypertension: High in sodium and potassium, bottle gourd is also an excellent vegetable for people with hypertension.
– Gastrointestinal disorders: Bottle gourd juice is very beneficial in handling insanity, epilepsy, stomach acidity, indigestion, ulcers and other nervous diseases. It also helps to reduce the inflammations in the liver and kidneys.
– Jaundice Treatment: The juice extracted from the leaves of bottle gourd is beneficial in jaundice.
– Sodium Loss: A glass of bottle gourd juice, assorted with a little salt, helps in preventing excessive loss of sodium from the body.
– Depression: Bottle gourd juice contains good amount of choline which is a neurotransmitter. This helps in proper functioning of brain and hence prevents stress and depression.
– Reduce Blood Sugar: Bottle gourd helps to reduce the blood sugar levels. Take the bottle gourd in the daily diet or to make the habit of drinking the bottle gourd juice daily helps a lot to the diabetic patients. This also helps one to avoid high blood sugar in future those who are at risk.
– Diarrhoea: This bottle gourd juice is also helpful in treating the diarrhoea. Take the bottle gourd juice with the pinch of the salt is quite effective.
Weight loss – Its low calorie and detoxifying properties make bottle gourd juice a wonderful drink to lose extra fat.
Skin & Beauty Benefits
– Wrinkle-free skin: With powerhouse nutrients such as vitamin C and zinc, bottle gourd helps in tackling premature ageing. The juice also helps to slow down cell ageing and prevents wrinkles from appearing on the face.
– Graying Hairs: Drinking a glass of bottle gourd juice in the morning helps in treating grey hair.
– Hair Care: Regular intake of this can also control hair fall, along helps to nourish hair, scalp and deals with very common problems – baldness and premature greying.
– Reduce pimple and acne: Bottle gourd juice effectively cleanses the system and keeps dirt, pollution and oil under control. Hence it balances the secretion of oil from the pores which in turn reduces pimples and breakouts.
– Weight Loss: Mix some fresh bottle gourd juice with lime juice and have it regularly to shed those extra kilos.
How to prepare Lauki Juice:
– Following steps will teach you how to prepare Lauki Juice:
– First what you need to do is, cut off a piece from the end and taste it. It is better not to use a lauki that tastes bitter.
– Then peel off the entire skin from the lauki and cut it into pieces. Blend those pieces in a blender.
– Black pepper and salt according to taste can be added. Adding mint leaves can also boost the taste.
– You can also add some pieces of lemon to make the lauki juice taste better and rich in antioxidants.
– Enjoy the drink and yes, take care that this should be fresh every time you consume it.
Bottle gourd/ghiya/lauki is full of nutrients and this is considered as a nirogi vegetable, means which doesn’t lead to any health issue and promotes only HEALTH! Though many people find this vegetable tasteless but in reality, it is full of health benefits. Know in detail bottle gourd health benefits and stay well.
For specific treatment, always consult an Ayurveda expert!
This article is not a substitute to the standard Medical Diagnosis or personalized Ayurvedic Treatment!
It is intended only for Information!
For experts consultation please write us at email@example.com
1,498 total views, 2 views today